Let’s “Rose” to the Occasion!
Our last quarterly live workshop (exclusive to our annual members) was such a huge success that we’ve decided to make it a monthly habit! That’s right: If you’re an annual member, you can now craft alongside Lia every month. Not only that, if you submit your handmade crafts to us, you could be featured!
Here’s how it works:
- Become an annual member (if you haven’t already).
- Gather the tools and materials listed below to be ready for the live video.
- Tune in on Friday, July 13th at 12:00 PM, PST to craft with Lia LIVE on our YouTube channel.
- If you have questions during the live lesson, you can feel free to ask them on our social media. Lia would be happy to answer!
- If you can’t make the live video, don’t worry! You can always watch the playback on our annual member Facebook page.
- Create your own version of our make of the month and submit to our main Facebook page with the hashtag #MemberMakeJuly. The deadline to submit your photo is Wednesday, July 25th at 11:59 PM, PST. (Be sure to put your own personal touch on the project!)
Your craft may be featured on next month’s Member Make story with your social media handle, as well as on our Instagram for our Friday Feature!
If you think you never have the time to craft, here’s your chance to get crafty with Lia and get appreciated for your efforts. Come craft with us and show your creative confidence with our community!
July’s Member Make Challenge: Ruby Rose
The gemstone for July is ruby, so what better way to start our Member Make Challenge than with a Ruby Rose! Follow along with Lia as she takes you step-by-step through creating this velvety and delicious flower. Put your own spin on the project by choosing different colors, adding layers, or creating a bouquet of them! You’ll be able to make two large roses and two rosebuds with one sheet of cherry/raspberry paper.
Tools and materials for this YouTube Live project can be found below.
One last thing: When you submit your photographed rose to the Facebook page, be sure to add a little blurb about your experience making this flower with Lia. We’d love to share how you felt crafting with the rest of the community!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Curling Tool
- Wire Cutter/Needle Nose Pliers
- Lia Griffith Crepe Paper – “Green Tea/Cypress” + “Cherry/Raspberry“
- Green Floral Tape
- 18-gauge Stem Wire (Paper Covered Thick is ideal; if not, then Thin Floral)
- 24-gauge Stem Wire
- 1″ Foam Balls
Lia will show you how to make this project LIVE on our YouTube channel on Friday, July 13th, 2018 @ 12:00 PM, PST. Become an annual member to gain access!
Make This the Summer of Crafts!
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIYs. Share what you’ve been up to with the LG community by using #MadeWithLia — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Happy crafting! ~ Lia and Team